I had heard of Monday morning blues, kind of like a weekend hangover.......But ever since I have come to Mumbai, its a case of Saturday evening blues......Ususally I head home on Saturdays, home as in Pune......But whenever I m in Mumbai, it turns into a big question about what to do.....Actually this wasnt much of a problem when I was in Pune.....Maybe its that I had a lot of expectations from Mumbai nightlife and that Saturday Night has this air about it..........So u kinda tend to wanna hang around frendz and do stuff.......Anyways here I am on another Saturday night, not doin much, sitting and blogging......Shud be headed home now, home as in Chembur.......Its far, very far from the Town (Mumbai main city)....Well, actually in Mumbai, the perception of distance is quite different from Pune......By Pune standards, Chembur and Dadar are far apart but a Mumbaiite would measure all distance in terms of stations.......This is a habit that initially irritated me but now that I have started travelleing by trains myself, I understand why.......Yes, they are everything that the media and the Mumbaiites say it is.......Overcrowded, Space crunched, Slightly dirty, Hot, but at the same time an extremely Efficient and Convenient mode of travel.......Everytime I get down from a local train, I swear I wud never get on one again...........Nevertheless, the next time I have to go somewhere, I immedidately start wondering which station would it be nearest to............Anyways, its really late and I need to catch the local to Kurla and then to Tilak Nagar
So till we meet again................Cheers!!!
2 comments:
hey awesome thoughts...
U knw what even I am scared of mumbai esp because of the crowd and the locals... my brief encounters with mumbai have been when I have changed trains en route to home via mumbai... and after seeing the 9o clock Local... I have always avoided the city like anything.... :-) so i agree to whatever u say....
nice
Post a Comment