Love of writing led to the birth of this blog.. Lethargy would be the death of it.. That and the complete lack of inspiration, watsoever.. I mean what do I write about..
I am in Mumbai, sitting all alone in a hotel room... Wondering what the future has in store... The last 2 months had been very relaxing, the last 10 days quite liberating... Its been like a coming-of-age, moving form one phase to another...
This sudden loneliness is in stark contrast with the over-exposure to familial love that I experienced for the last few months... There is this silence that I am killing with loud TV and music and this vacuum that I am filling with gtalk and orkut... What is it that I am missin so much, I do not know... I have lived alone before, away from parents and friends... Then what is it that I am wanting??
In April, I attended 2 major family functions... My cousin's wedding and my nephew's annaprasan... Annaprasan is the day that a child is fed solids for the first time... The sight of a maccher muro (fish head) served to my nephew which was bigger than his head... The relish with which he ate every morsel presented to him... An amalgamation of Punjabi and Bengali culture seen on my sister, both in the mehndi-alta combo on her hands and feet as well as the Chudas n Shakha-Pola-Loha jangling on her arms... The various shades of red that me and my sisters had worn for the wedding...Twas quite a homecoming for all of us, after very long...
Then came, the much awaited trip to Kolkata... Breakfast at Flury's, Dinner at Saurav's, Sunrise at Dakshineshwar, Sunset at Maidan, Victoria Memorial to South City Mall, Trams to Cycle Rickshaws to Metros.. This trip was a revelation.. To be honest, I had always hated Kolkata.. The heat, the humidity, the crowds, the cacophony, the entire Bongitude basically got to me.. But this time, I somehow did not crib as much.. Probably bcos of the nostalgia quotient attached to it or perhaps, twas because of the esteemd company I had... All said and done, Kolkata rocked.
2nd June, I reported to a new office... The newness of it all is intriguing me just as much as the familiarity of the situation...
Suddenly at the end of the post, the feeling of desolation has subsided... Probably bcos I have written this post over 3 hours (unbelievable but true)... Somewhere I heard, "Not all who are wandering are aimless." Donno the relevance here but I m increasingly getting this feeling of restlessness... Very ominous a feeling to have at the beginning of something :-)
So till I figure out what to write about next.... Cheers to not-so-aimless wanderings
1 comment:
awww,i love calcutta!!!...
I love flury's and all that!!!
nice read!
Post a Comment