Sunday Scribblings ... This is something I stumbled upon while following the blog chain that I usually get lost in. I found the idea fascinating, especially from the point of view of the mother of a writer's block that I seem to be suffering from. So I thought that I would give it a try... The latest prompt is GUIDE ..... So here goes...
Hours are spent weighing the pros and cons of a decision.. How it would affect you, today and in the long run.. A million souls are consulted, a lot of unsolicited advice is digested.. Yet, I always go with my gut feeling
Gut feeling.. I am yet to understand how this feeling develops or why is it that I trust it so much.. Most people I know take measured steps, they can give you a written justification about everything they do.. I mostly end up saying, 'Because I felt like it' or 'Just like that'.. I have got my share of reprimand from elders as well as friends about the sheer recklessness of the behaviour.. But then these people refuse to see how my impulsive decisions, however irresponsible, are something I have always stood by.
I have had a lot of influences in life.. The best thing about that has been that I have not turned out like any of them, rather like a jamboree of everyone.. There is a little bit of everyone in me, which can be very cheesily put as 'I can be anything you want me to be'.. Add to this the basic inquisitive, rather argumentative, nature of mine and you would find yourself in the shoes of a debater who has not just written her own speech but also the speech of the counterpart (Yes, I am guilty of having done that)... So you can imagine the amount of contemplation and dissonance I go through before I reach a decision... Hence, my guiding principle has come down to 'Doing what my conscience will not question'..
That, however, does not mean that I am able to escape the external sphere of well-wishing commentators... From dissecting the plan of action to the very root cause of my behaviour, their analysis would put Freud to shame, but that has never made me ask them to F#%& off.. It has actually made me listen to them even more intently, because every single version and point-of-view helps my 'Gut' process feelings better..
So while I send out a silent thanks to each and every well-wishing busybody and not-so-busy body......Cheers to friends whose philisophies guide us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment