One month into the new year and I feel good. No resolutions this year, not even the usual resolution to lose weight and sleep more. I started this year on a thoughtful note. And I plan to live this year, rediscovering my joys and letting happiness pursue me.
All this talk about the end of a decade, though, really got me thinking. It made realise how much I have evolved as a person. It made me go back and meet the sincere teenager in school, the dreamy idealist in college and the all-encompassing woman (as my yearbook describes me) in b-school. And it finally brought me to the workaholic cynic that I am today.
Well yeah, things have changed. A lot. Not all for the better, but then I am not really complaining. My job is more fun. My mind is clearer. I am on my way to get healthier. And most importantly, I am extremely comfortable in my skin. I love myself. I love my life. I know its not perfect. And somehow, I am fine with it. :D
I am sorry I have been neglecting this space. And trust me, when I ignore something I really do. It's not so much dislike for this space, as much as a hesitation to put finger to keyboard. Life was dealing me some real mean hands and I was clueless what to do with them. So I decided to let things be.
The last post I wrote here was way back in April last year. And then I removed it. It was reeking of pain. So much pain, that somewhere I was feeling naked. Completely exposed. And so I disappeared. From the blog. From GTalk. From the Received Call/Missed Call lists on people's phones.
Today I am gradually getting back. I received quite a few mails and sms from the few loyal readers that I had. To them, I promise to take out more time. And unlike resolutions every new year, this is a resolve I plan to keep.
No comments:
Post a Comment