Dard mein bhi yeh lab muskure jaate hai, Beetein lamhe hamein jab bhi yaad aate hai.... I have a lot of memories attached with this song.. I had hated the movie, a very tardily made copy of a much better Hollywood flick, Derailed.. The one thing that stayed with me frm the movie were its songs, all of them.
Over the last few weeks, it has become one of the oft-played tracks on my i-pod. So I couldn't contain my emotions when I heard the opening chords of this song at the KK concert tonight. I was standing quite behind in the area cordoned off for us, for the fear of getting mauled by a bunch of sweaty, euphoric madcaps. But as soon as I heard KK's voice wafting in the air, I walked towards the stage, mesmerised, trying to find him.
Standing adjacent to the stage, singing along with him, the evening moved at a languorous pace. Lyrics of songs come to me very rarely. I m one of those who makes up lyrics as the song moves on, not that they aren't good, just not original. Today was however a miraculous day. Every song he sang, I seemed to know the lyrics and even before he sang them. I always hesitate to sing cos somewhere I believe that I dont sound good, but today I was singing away to glory. The chick standing in front of me had to actually tell me and my friend that she hadnt come to hear us sing. And the songs he sang was way too close to my heart.
There were his usual dance numbers like Dus bahane, Koi kahe etc. The songs I love are his more soulful ones...
Tadap tadap... reminds me of this close friend of mine who sang this to his lady love after they broke up. There we were, under her hostel window, keeping watch, while he climbed onto her window and sang her the song.
Pal... this always makes me think about all the people that I have left back in life and moved on.. It makes me wonder about the actual relevance of people, cos most of these people were important to me at some point but I have lost touch wth them over a period of time.
Yaaron... reminds me of school and everything related to it. I genuinely miss Satya Sai. Those were my wonder years. When I moved from being a child and identified wat I m and wat I can be. Those 4 years in SSSVV deserve a separate post of their own. Mite write one soon enough.
Sach keh raha hain Diwana... is one of Vinay's favorite songs. That I wil always remember the million times I have heard/seen it is understating it. RHTDM is by far, one of Vinay's most favorite movie. I can think of so many occasions that I have called him up to tell him that the movie's on. I can never watch the movie again. Not wthout u, Vinay. :)
Kya Mujhe Pyar Hai... frm Woh Lamhein. The movie is abt Parveen Babi, or so it is said. But to me, this movie is abt Tanya. Abt this lost girl who is effectively flitting frm guy to guy to looking for some amount of semblance of normalcy.. Abt hrs spent discussing her but never being able to talk to her.. Due to hesitation, non-interference or simply, cos I never cared.. Just hope shes finds what shes seeking and some peace while shes at it
I could actually go on... Cos the list of songs that I associate with people will never end but this post was not abt that. It started out being about the wonderful evening that I spent doing something I like, something I m tryin to get used to. Listening to one of my favorite singers, getting completely mesmerised with him, requesting for a song and him actually singing it, dancing with friends and dinner with lotsa good conversation, topped wth strawberry icecream... I think the day ended on an excellent note. It felt good to just stand in the crowd and let the music wash all over me. It felt just as good to move raunchily to the songs wth one friend while almost headbang wth another during 'Summer of 69'.
I think what made this day special was that it was me, everywhere, all throughout. No pretensions, no inhibitions. Just pure Apu, doing what she does best, having fun.
So till we meet again, Cheers to KK and soulful melodies!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment