"We, men, do not like women at the workplace. We prefer them at home, doing things that they are best at. Its not because we think that they are incompetent. They are, in fact, the most efficient people on earth. They do a lot more than what we can even imagine to accomplish. Its just that the way their home is a sacrosanct place to them, the workplace is sacrosanct to us. One fine day, women decided to take over the workplace and got better at the things that we were apparently born to do. Somehow, we could not catch up and get better at the things that they are tuned to do. So we just dont want any women in the workforce.
We dont mind the women who have entered the workforce for the entry level or what is basically the non-managerial jobs. We love women to be receptionists, housekeeping staff, air-hostesses, teachers, sales-girls etc. etc. We do not want these jobs anyways. Now more and more women are going for higher education, they are being hired for managerial jobs. Jobs that traditionally went to men. That is threatening us in a big way. What irks us even more is that women are being given preferential treatment during recruitment and quotas in colleges and stuff, which is also attracting the wrong kind of women. By wrong, I mean the women who are not at all serious about their careers. They join jobs to pass time till they get married. They resist travelling, late nights, job rotations, transfers, anything that might demand more than required from them. They leave jobs when it gets inconvenient to them, never looking back or thinking how it might affect the bigger scheme of things. Men hate such colleagues the most. They never get any respect or interest. And we know who these women are from the first day they join. So.... we dont want these women in our offices.
The reason I m telling you this is because you are one of them. You are this inexperienced, immature woman who has no clue about how to survive in the outside world. You think you understand everything and know a lot, just cos you go to this fancy b-school. Well, Aparajita, I m sorry to say that your b-school hasnt prepared you for anything, neither has your last 20 odd years of your life. You are just another one of those women who wants an MBA degree to boast on ur matrimonial profile and a fancy job to flaunt. You will walk out of your job the day your husband asks you to. Dont nod your head or try to defend yourself. Cos you cant. So dont ever cry in front of your colleagues to get their sympathy. They dont really care about you or give a damn. Walk out of this room and get the work done. Or just let me know that its too difficult for you, so that I can just dismiss you. You may leave now."
Some words by one of the so-called 'bastards', as mentioned in the previous post. Did I let him grind me down? I dont think so. I got the work done. Got appreciated, not by him though. And it did not matter. Who cares about an insincere, insecure, male-chauvinistic bastard like him anyways? So.... I move on to better things.
Someday, somewhere.... I wil run into him. So till that happens.........Cheers!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment